GETTING TO KNOW YOJ- MEET SHANNON!
Shannon with April 2016 bride and groom, Sarah and Michael Long married at Oakland Plantation
A Charleston native and self-diagnosed wedding junkie, I am the epitome of the southern bride who never wanted to let go of the veil. Planning my own wedding was the best 14 months ever and it ended with the best day ever. That was over three years ago, and although I would love to host a vow renewal each and every year my husband tends to think that one was enough for a lifetime. Fortunately for me, I didn’t have to give it up my affinity for wedding planning entirely. And luckily for Coleman, I was able to find a way to keep on planning for brides other than myself! Shannon Hodges Weddings & Events was created in 2014, but it didn’t take me long to realize that entrepreneurship wasn’t exactly my calling. The wedding part of the business venture? Now, that was a perfect fit, but all of the other elements of owning my own business were not my favorite. Thank heavens, Candice and the lovely women of Yoj entered my life! I joined the team in August 2016, and I could not be more excited to be putting this passion to work full time.
It would be just rude of me to not share a little bit of myself with you. I personally think knowing some quirky facts about your wedding planner can make the planning process easier – and more fun! I find it encourages my brides to open up to me about some of their favorite things which leads us down a road to creating a wedding weekend that is uniquely them! So here are 10 fun facts about me. I can’t wait to hear yours!
1. I met my husband on a college spring break trip.
2. My two Labrador Retrievers are so much more than just furchildren.
3. Father of the Bride is my all time favorite movie. Long live Franck!
4. Margaritas and Mexican food make everything better.
5. Favorite color: navy blue.
6. Favorite season: college football in the fall – go gamecocks!
7. Favorite flower: anemones with a deep (navy) blue center.
8. I only know two television channels. CBS and HGTV.
9. A harmonica can melt my heart.
10. A day spent on the water is better than any other.
Coleman, Buoy, Botany and Shannon Hodges